Bowled Warney

Example All things Shane Warne, World Record holder: 674 test wickets

Monday, July 11, 2005

Warne Online, "I'm ready for the tough times"

Shane Warne's latest article in Times Online has just come out. He speaks publically for the first time about his marriage breakup and how that is affecting him:
I do take responsibility for Simone, my wife, and my separation. But the reasons behind it will remain private. While we have separated, I am very lucky that Simone and I remain close and good friends. We have shared ten years of marriage and have three amazing children, who we will always be there for.
He also speaks about his thoughts on the upcoming Ashes series:
England have been playing well in the shorter version of the game. They have shown that they are ready to get in our face and have a scrap. Michael Vaughan gives them that touch of class and calmness that has been lacking in previous campaigns. He seems to bring out the best in his players and gets them to play above themselves at times, which is a sign of a good captain.
And on his own ability to focus and perform:
Over the years, one of my strengths as a cricketer has been my mental capacity to focus on the job at hand. As with many people who have to face up to their job each day, no matter what is going on in their private lives, I have been able to focus on my job. This will not be any different.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's interesting, barro. I'm sure Warne will play well during this series, but it is a shame his actions have resulted in the end of his marriage.

 
At Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:07:00 PM, Blogger Barro said...

Absolutely, I reckon he will have a ripper of a series, after that though I hope and trust that he takes some time out for some serious soul searching,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home